The current railroad station is a replacement of the original Union Station built in 1877. This station opened in 1911 by the Boston & Albany Railroad. The 125 foot tall towers were removed in 1926 because the vibrations from the passing trains were weakening them. The station was closed in 1972 and fell into a state of disrepair eventually being boarded up.
Duro Fiber took on the task to replicate the original towers. Nobody was certain about the level of detail on the tower. Duro Fiber searched for historical photos to use in the restoration. After months of searching we were able to put together a design to accurately match the original detail.
The Duro Fiber skin was fabricated to attach to a steel frame. Large lightweight sections were fabricated for this project.
with questions or comments about this web site.